View Single Post
Old February 8, 2013, 01:12 PM   #57
overhead

Online ammo purchases from residents in NYC were illegal, I don't think the state had such a restriction....at least not according to the three of four online ammo websites FAQ's I checked. I think you are participating in the spread of bad info

If there were already a ban on direct internet sales, one would think Cuomo would not be saying that that restriction was added by his pet legislation that will require an FFL to do the transfer. Again, it will come down to how they define ammunition.

http://www.governor.ny.gov/press/011...un-legislation

"To track high-volume ammunition purchasers, the legislation will make New York the first state in the nation to track ammo purchases in real time. All dealers in ammunition must be registered with the State Police, and each sale will require both a state background check and transmission of a record of the sale to State Police, so as to enable alerts of high volume purchases. Ammunition records will be purged within a year of submission. Dealers must report any loss of inventory. The legislation will also include a ban on direct internet sales of ammunition. Ammunition ordered over the internet must be delivered in a face-to-face transaction with a firearms dealer and the purchaser will be subject to the state background check. The Aurora shooter reportedly amassed 6000 rounds through direct online purchases."

Anyway, that is enough of that and sorry for the off topic. I have my primers, I even have a little powder left, now if I could just get some bullets.... Overall, I agree, many people are freaking out over what amounts to BS.

Page generated in 0.03640 seconds with 8 queries