View Single Post
Old November 17, 2011, 11:37 PM   #27
Doc Intrepid

Remington R-25

One of the rifles out there that meets all of your requirements below is the Remington R-25, which was pretty much designed to do exactly what you've described in your opening post:

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...-25-rifle.aspx

If you scroll down on the website blurb you'll see a bit about the design specifications. Comments follow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneeman
"...Here are a few things I want:
Designed for 7.62 NATO and .308 Winchester Interchangability - I know there can be some issues with interchanging these rounds if the gun isn't built for the pressure and headspace. I figure if manufacturers make guns that can shoot both .223 and 5.56mm, surely someone has done this for the .308 and 7.62 NATO in an AR platform. This is the biggest issue for me.
I've owned mine for a bit more than 3 years. I've fired military 7.62 and commercial .308 through it with no issues whatever.

Quote:
Accessory Rail - It's something I think no AR should be without.
See the photo on the website. It has one picatinny rail along the top surface of the upper receiver, and a second beneath where the front site post would be (however, the rifle does not come with either a front or rear iron sight. It is designed to be used as a hunting rifle with a scope. The handguard is not designed to mount picatinny rails to on both top and bottom, port and starboard. If you're looking for a 'tacticool' platform to mount lasers, lights, IR, whatever on, this is not what you want.

Quote:
No front sight post - I don't like them, I prefer put low-profile fold-up sights.
There are no iron sights on this rifle. If you want them, however, you could add them.

Quote:
Dust Cover - I dont understand this, but some manufacturers don't put dust covers on their .308 rifles, but they do on their 7.62mm. Also I prefer to shoot left handed so a brass deflector is a must."
The Remington R-25 has both a dust cover and a brass deflector.

This rifle is a collaboration between Remington and DPMS. As far as I know it is manufactured in the US, if this is something that resonates with you. I've used it hunting for the past three years, and I'm very happy with it. Like you, I was looking for an AR-10 platform that would work well in both a hunting situation as well as 'other environments'. This one works well for me.

YMMV.

Page generated in 0.02497 seconds with 8 queries