View Single Post
Old November 5, 2011, 02:49 PM   #3
rickyrick

Hello,
I have made several paracord slings now.....I didnt really like the ones that I saw online so this is what I did: for the top of the sling for the shoulder part of the strap,
4 pieces of paracord doubled to make 8 strands

I started with what is a square knot belt, or a macrame belt. http://thisyearsdozen.wordpress.com/...acrame-a-belt/

you may find better instuctions for that part of it.

After it the wide square knot belt part is long enough for your shoulder I moved to a multi strand flat weave it is pretty cool looking with certain colors. I cant find where I got that information. I'll attempt to explain.

With all strands hanging down,
weave the left most strand through the other strands...it is now the right most strand.
now take the new leftmost strand and weave it through the others, including the previous one.
keep going like this for your desired lenght.
tighten as you go to keep the weave uniform.

This is actually pretty easy, the weave looks professional and the progress goes good...
if I can find a good instruction on this I will post a link.

at the end of the flat braid i do few square knots just like the paracord soldiers bracelets

The last few inches I cut off 4 of the extra strands leaving 4 strands

double 2 strands through the butt end sling loop, back up towards the muzzle...this is where I adjust my final sling length (you may have to temporarily tie it to try the size) then continue with the soldiers bracelet knots until the end...cut, trim, tuck or burn the ends. and tada! youre done.

I also take and iron the sling with a hot iron and gives it a nice look.
my next project will probably be an adjustable type of this sling.

the whole thing can be done in 2-3 hours for the first one, after that you can do it a little faster.

Just google decorative knots, macrame and sailors fancy ropework and you can find a lot of ideas.

I hope this helps I will try to answer any questions

Page generated in 0.02308 seconds with 8 queries