View Single Post
Old February 19, 2010, 10:07 PM   #3
lockedcj7

The cloth tape will trap moisture against the metal if left for any length of time and cause surface rust. Ask me how I know I have liberally oiled the gun first and the tape didn't stick worth a darn as bswiv suggested.

My new technique is to cut an old pair of BDUs into strips about an inch wide and 8-10" long. I liberally oil the barrel and then thread a strip between the barrel and vent rib (works on any pump or auto that has a vented rib). I tie an overhand knot below the barrel an let the remaining part of the strip hang. It does a great job of breaking up the outline of the barrel and giving it some dimension. I don't worry about the reciever or stocks because my hands, face and body are going to be covering or obscuring those parts anyway. Just play with the length of the strips and cut them if necessary. You don't want the ends to be able to flop up on top of the rib and screw up your sight picture in the event that you have to move quickly.

Page generated in 0.02643 seconds with 8 queries