View Single Post
Old April 1, 2009, 11:00 PM   #17
Abominable Toaster

Paragraph 3 Alex Robertson
English 4/1/2009

When your life is in peril, it doesn’t matter what you have at home, that is why I choose to write about conceal carry laws. In these harsh times, one might ask them selves, am I safe? Can I protect my family should something happen? Some people may not be able to apply for it, but for those who can, do so. Its part of your second amendment, the right to bear arms. However, your government would like to stop this from happening, they would like to get rid of the right to bear arms, the right to a regulated militia, and your right as an American. The wolf is still knocking on our door, though we my not realize it, it is a real threat to the United States.
Crime rates are sure to spike dramatically, however in areas where conceal carry permit registration percentages increased, crime decreased. This suggests that if we as Americans exercise our second amendment, and our right to defend ourselves, we the people can decrease violence in our country at no cost to the government. Yet again our government would like to put restrictions upon this. At this time I would like to point out that this is a clear violation of our rights as citizens of our nation. I quote our second amendment. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed”

Our forefathers would be appalled I think, at what our government has done to itself. I would also think that they would act strongly against any form of gun control, (though some registration, and such are needed). They would want us to be able to defend ourselves, should the need arise. Tough times such as these the need to defend our selves rises each day. Though not all my pass the requirements for a conceal carry permit, you should still try to support your rights as an American, buy a rifle instead (and always be safe with them). In conclusion, I’d like to say that in tough times like these are you prepared for the wolf knocking at your door, and will you be able to defend yourself, or ones you hold dear?

This is my "finished" report... i'm not sure if its any good..

Last edited by Abominable Toaster; April 1, 2009 at 11:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.02437 seconds with 8 queries