View Single Post
Old March 6, 2009, 07:49 PM   #6
colostomyclown

i think hes referring to a serbu shorty. theyre 12 inch pump shotguns with 3-4 shot capacity made by a company that bases them off of mossberg mavericks or remington 870s and are strictly NFA purchases assuming they're legal. look up serbu shorty. to original poster, the shortest barrel length you want to safely go is 18.5 inches...18 is the legal limit but 18.5 to be on the safe side unless you go the NFA route which i don't know much about except it isn't as simple as going and simply purchasing a gun. the standard mossberg 500 or remington 870 in that length with a 6-7 shot capacity should run you 250-375 like above posters said, sometimes more depending on finish, configuration, etc and are much more effective than a pistol grip at most distances as pistol grips are only meant to be hip fired. i like pistol grip shotguns and have used them a lot, but they wouldn't be my primary shotgun by any means.

My suggestion is go with a Mossberg 500a in full stock configuration unless you can find a deal on a high end 870 model like Remington 870 police magnum.

Last edited by colostomyclown; March 6, 2009 at 07:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.03248 seconds with 8 queries