View Single Post
Old February 28, 2006, 10:37 AM   #18
Josh

The bottom line here is that no pistol, rifle, or shotgun is a
guaranteed manstopper. Pistol rounds are not effective the vast majority of times. Answer me a question, if you were going to a gunfight what would you take ?

We carry or should carry on a daily basis why ? to repel unexpected attacks and the pistol fits the bill.

I am friends with a trauma surgeon where they see multiple gunshot wounds on a weekly basis and he tells me that 3 out of 4 will survire being shot with a pistol. The rifle on the other hand is 99% of the time they are DOA.

What kills people that have been hit in a non lethal spot with pistol rounds ? shock and mindset. The TV has done
a remarkable job suggesting that when you are hit with a pistol round you fly through the air and land some 2 feet back of where you started and are dead. I have seen guy's hit with a 7.62x39 that never flew that far.

I was at Thnder Ranch some time ago and those of you who know Clint have heard some of his famous sayings. One is that "the purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to your rifle."

Nuff said.

Page generated in 0.02439 seconds with 8 queries