View Single Post
Old February 28, 2006, 09:48 AM   #16
TooTall

Back in the early 1970's, a fairly large man (about 6'2", 200 pounds) was shot FIVE times in the chest with .45 ACP ball ammo at point blank range, during a street robbery. Not only did that man survive, he was able to tackle the bad guy and hold him down until the police arrived! I happened to be one of the officers who responded to that incident.

One of my best friends was "zippered" by 4 rounds of 7.62x39 from an AK-47, just a few days into his second tour of duty in Vietnam. No vital organs had been hit, but he lost a lot of blood and the Corpsman didn't think that he'd make it. Well, he DID! He spent a LONG time in rehabilitation, but completely healed.....and eventually became a police officer.

On the other hand, I saw what appeared to be a "flesh wound" on a gang member, caused by a .22LR round at near-point blank range. The entry hole actually sealed itself! It was on his right side, just below his rib cage. The problem, however, was that the round entered the torso, bounced around and pierced almost all of his vital organs before exiting through his.....PENIS (er, male organ)! Nope, NOT just a flesh wound! He was DOA at the emergency hospital.

Page generated in 0.03524 seconds with 8 queries