View Single Post
Old March 25, 2005, 12:43 PM   #9
1BadF350

Rich, what kept you from dropping the hammer at 150 or 100 yards while he was still in a good position? Common sense tells me that you were hoping for a much better and closer shot for a clean kill, but he winded something he didn't like and took an "about face". I don't think I would have had the patience for that. Knowing me I would have tried to drop him from farther out and probably missed, LOL. I don't get to hunt much anymore and probably would have gotten a little too ambitious.
I'm also not well informed on the .50 Alaskan. How does it perform at the longer distances?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for sharing that with us. I always enjoy reading well written hunt stories... you know the ones that are written so well that you feel like you're right there in the story. Good Job.
-Chris

Page generated in 0.03698 seconds with 8 queries