View Single Post
Old December 5, 2004, 02:59 AM   #5
John Ringo

I use the Federal 230 gr FMJs. I get it for $8.99 per box.

Don't bother reloading .45 ACP. The ammo is cheap enough that between the cost of the equipment and the time that you are going to have to devote to doing it you might be at a loss. You can goto just about any local gun show and get 1000 rounds for about $150 to $160. On top of the cost, you may reconsider after you see how long it will take you to reload 1000 rounds with moderately priced home equipment:-) Plus, the ammo might not be very reliable after you do reload it. Many people start out their handgun journey reloading, but they soon find that it is more trouble than it is worth.

Regarding the spring. I would leave the stock spring in the P220 alone. There would be no reason to go with an aftermarket spring on a P220 that I could possibly forsee. What you may find is that the action has problems clearing the fired shell when the gun gets hot & dirty because you have altered the tension of the spring. Out of the box, the P220 is going to be optimized for 90% of the shooting public, unless of course you are a very experienced bull's eye shooter like Ernie Langdon who competes with a modified P220 called the LT (Langdon Tactical). However, if you read the specs on Ernie's modified P220 you will find that he did more to it than replacing a spring. He also milled out the action so it was lighter.

My advice: Just enjoy your P220 as it is and spend the extra money on the ammo and a good holster. Possibly add some night sights and invest in a few extra 8-round clips.

"I like these calm little moments before the storm (Stansfield, The Professional)."

Last edited by John Ringo; December 5, 2004 at 07:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03303 seconds with 8 queries