View Single Post
Old June 4, 2022, 11:08 AM   #155
TunnelRat

How do you choose your SD ammo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynolds357 View Post
That is funny because the world's best pistol shooters shoot reloaded ammo in competition. It is usually tuned in their pistol to just barely make power factor.
I have seen what you describe on many occasions. The fact Billy Joe bob with his $225 progressive press and limited knowledge turns out a pile of trash loads is not indicative as to what a "reloader" with proper equipment and knowledge turns out. I will admit myself that I have a Hornaday LNL that turns out awesome .223 ammo, but it turns off jamomatic 9mm. Been back to Hornaday and they "fixed" it. Still turns off jamO stuff. Never had a jam or any malfunction in ammo off my Dillon.
The LNL and the way it's shell plate works can't "bust" the Glock Bulges quite enough to make them run in my race gun. The Dillon can. LNL is bullet proof with pre roll sized brass.

And just because you with your decades of experience and attention to detail can turn out quality ammunition doesn’t mean everyone else will. It goes both ways. We all have to be careful of using ourselves as singular examples of someone engaging in our chosen activity. General observations aren’t a condemnation of everyone, they’re simply a summary of what someone has seen. It doesn’t mean an exception can’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.03708 seconds with 8 queries