View Single Post
Old June 24, 2017, 09:58 PM   #1
dakota.potts

Bedding a CZ Rimfire Rifle

Just a quick question, looking for some input. For those who do bedding jobs, I am most likely going to bed my CZ 452 ZKM trainer. I have done so before in its birchwood stock but I wasn't super impressed with the results (it was a practice piece for school) and I am going to be transitioning it to a Boyd's stock for more natural use with a scope from rested position.

I'm wondering about the barrel lug that connects the barrel to the stock. In most traditional rifle designs, you would bed the action and sometimes the thickest part of the barrel, allowing the rest to free float.

On the 452 (not sure about the other CZ rifles) the forward lug seems to make that difficult or impossible. I'm thinking that the counterbore in the stock where this lug sits should be bedded. My thinking is that it can't be free-floated, but I can at least make sure the lug has an even torque surface which should minimize the effect on barrel harmonics.

I'm sure I'm way over thinking this but I'd be curious to hear from some other people who do a lot of bedding. I'm looking to shrink group size or at least keep it consistent as I plan to use this as a training rifle out to 100 yards or so.

Thanks in advance

Page generated in 0.02185 seconds with 8 queries