View Single Post
Old February 2, 2014, 12:18 AM   #30
FiveInADime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay24bal View Post
Yeah, I have to agree with Mohave and 4runner.

I own 2 Axis rifles, and would (and have, twice) laid down the extra money to upgrade them. I only have results from one of them (.223), as I have not fired the .308 yet and the stock is arriving on Monday. But for the .223, it took groups that were about .7ish down to .4ish (5 shots, 100 yards, using handloads) just by installing and bedding the Boyds' stock (I shoot off of a bipod so I get more tension and flex on the forend than some people).
That's exactly what I was getting at with my post. Your gun was shooting great groups before you made all the changes and it happened to get better (no surprise) with a bedded laminate stock.

The OP has never responded about how well his rifle shoots. If he's not already satisfied with the accuracy, I wouldn't spend the money on the stock and trigger because it might not fix anything.

I'm all about taking cheap guns and making them better. I'm in the middle of building a semi-custom .260Rem. off of a Marlin X7S action. It's silly to some people, but it made sense to me.

I've seen some guys do cool stuff with Axis rifles on the Savage specific forums. I was tossing around the idea of building a cheap .223 with a used stainless Axis from Cabelas and a Boyd's stock. If it didn't shoot I could always screw on a new barrel.

Page generated in 0.03167 seconds with 8 queries