View Single Post
Old November 3, 2012, 11:25 PM   #1
TheKlawMan

Fiddling with the XS, an Adjustable Comb

I guess I am going to try to correct some fit problems with my Brwoning Citori XS Skeet. It has a standard stock and high rib 30" barrels. For those not familiar with the model, it has a parallel stock.

While it is designed for skeet, I rarely use it for that and usually shoot trap at the 16 yard line. I wanted a gun to use for all the shooting sports; trap, skeet, sporting clays and etcetera.

Because of personal physical characteristics, the gun sets up for me with a classic figure 8 and pointing slightly to the left. The fig 8 is fine for trap, but I would like to be able to lower the comb in relation to the rib to achieve a flat POI. From what I have gleaned by reading Rollin Oswald, there are at least three ways to do this. One is to take a rasp and remove wood from the top of the comb. One is to stick an add-on rib and the third is to have an adjustable comb cut so that the top of the adjustable section can bcomb can be lowered so as to increase the drop at comb.

Can someone explain how a stock smith cuts an adjustable comb to increase the drop at comb? I am pretty certain that I am going to install an AC since my XS could use just a tad more cast off (and as my cheeks get chubby it will need evenn more).

Page generated in 0.02730 seconds with 8 queries