View Single Post
Old February 14, 2012, 09:37 PM   #106
12GaugeShuggoth

Quote:
2) if a pedestrian in a crosswalk or a bicycle rider is hit by a patrol car while the LEO is being distracted by his laptop (are we familiar with the term "distracted driving"?) would that qualify as being scary?
I found that point quite interesting personally, as I was almost smacked by police cruisers on 3 different occasions while on my motorcycle. One time I was waiting on a traffic light, another I was stopped at a stop sign, and the third I was moving at about 65 mph down the highway. After the third one I started riding with a helmet mounted camera for documentation, but then realized I could somehow be arrested for having footage of LEO's even if they were doing something irresponsible and dangerous. Never made any sense to me.

Upon realizing that LEO's were the biggest danger I encountered while riding, I decided to sell the bike and remain cage-bound......err, sorry, car-bound. At least if one of them hits me now I have a pretty good chance of surviving it. None of the cruisers had sirens or lights going, they were just being driven by morons. I never had encounters that close with any other vehicles while riding.

---Enlightenment is the ability to take infinite pains---
MOLON LABE

Page generated in 0.03338 seconds with 8 queries