View Single Post
Old November 26, 2008, 07:11 PM   #18
roebuckga

finally shot it

I finally got to get out and fire a few rounds through the 4x4. I borrowed a friends bore sighter to begin to sight it in. With no other tweaking i was putting 4 rounds within an inch at 50 yards consistantly. I know its only 50 yards but im not gonna tell you im the best shot in the world. The trigger pull is a little strange to me. It seems to be a little heavy but with a little practice and after 15 rounds i put the 16th round (hornady 165 grain) dead center. So the next day i took it to the woods and attempted to get a deer, but of course i didnt see a damn thing except a fox squirrel. But i do have to say some of my confidence is back in the gun. I cant say im fully confident due to the fact ive only put minimal ammo through it, so i guess time will tell.
On another note, at one point i read that the design of the stock was supposed to flex to reduce the recoil and make it comparable to a wood stock. I will go ahead and call BS on that one because compared to my friends 30-06 FNH wood stock this thing kicks like a mule. To me thats not bad because if i need more than one shot i should prob consider a new hobby, but to those that are curious, beware of the scope eye.

Page generated in 0.03466 seconds with 8 queries