Thread: NEF Sights
View Single Post
Old April 19, 2006, 09:11 PM   #1
nh10ring

NEF Sights

Scenario: I have less than 2 weeks before the 2006 NH Spring turkey season opens. My 7 year old daughter has decided that she wants to shoot her first turkey. I bought her NEF single shot 20 ga. shotgun: Model: SB1. It has a smooth barrel and only has a single bead. It is not drilled and tapped for any optional mounts. She shoots consistantly high, and I think she is not aiming right with a single bead. She shoots much better with guns that have a rear sight, thus I think she is not keeping her head down on this gun so as to sight along the top of the barrel. With no rear sight to focus on, I think she probably wants to keep her head up in fear of the recoil.

Question: With such a short time limit, what (if any) are my options??? Does anybody make a magnetic or clamp on or stick-on type of rear sight that can help align the bead? I would even consider having the gun drilled and tapped and scoped, but don't know if this can be done in such a short period of time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Page generated in 0.02980 seconds with 8 queries