Thread: new guy here!
View Single Post
Old December 14, 2005, 10:11 PM   #5
CTC01

First I have ALOT of respect for the AR, it is the dominate rifle on the firing line. That said, I shoot an SA M1A "loaded" in competition. Mainly because I LIKE it. I'm not that great of a shot but the rifle is going in for the full NM treatment in a few weeks.

Quote:
seems to be a lot of grumbling about the upkeep and tuning required by this gun to be competitive.
I think once the rifle is in competition trim it doesnt take alot to keep it there.

Quote:
I believe a guy should learn to shoot a 30 cal as they will build solid positions.
You will most certainly find the weak spots in your position. I do fairly well in offhand and sitting but my prone still SUCKS, havent found what I'm doing wrong yet. I very much agree that learning to shoot the .30 cal will probably make you an EXCELLENT AR shooter.

Quote:
AR cost about half as much to shoot...
Very true. Last box of 500 168 SMK... $102... Brass is done after 5 firings. Twice the powder.

I have always loved the M14/M1A rifles and will probably continue to shoot them. Wont swear that I would NEVER go to an AR, but no time soon.

Page generated in 0.03438 seconds with 8 queries