View Single Post
Old June 11, 2008, 08:48 AM   #5
xrocket

My personal routine is "3 on 3" ... always.

Focus is on a quick three shot string in a triangle from the Adams apple and nipple to nipple and here's why. Picture a high centerline between the shoulders.

This area holds four opportunities for successfully cessation of hostilities. Heart, two lungs and spinal column. If I miss high it's the head. Miss low and it's the COM. Miss left or right and it's a potential incapacitation of the gun shoulder or arm. If I'm doing my part I'll be moving off center and Bg could be turning or bobbing around and I now have the potential to hit significant multiple internal areas (ex: shoulder, lung, heart transgression) with any one through shot.

There is nothing wrong with a COM point of view and it has been taught and practiced for a very long time with success. I just choose to practice a few inches higher and always in threes.

Focused "3 on 3" weekly practice with a purpose yields excellent results.

I need to add one very important point about my practice. I don't shoot full-size human silhouettes targets like most. I use the rifle silhouette target scaled to 25 yards. Visualize a half size torso target. With the half size target I practice shooting at the normal 3,7,15 yards. The idea here is:

Think small.
See small.
Aim small.
Shoot small.

Equals tighter hits on smaller target area.

Last edited by xrocket; June 11, 2008 at 03:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.03539 seconds with 8 queries