View Single Post
Old July 4, 2013, 01:07 AM   #1
GunXpatriot

Springfield Armory M6 Scout?

So a while ago, I kind of wanted one of those M6 scouts... I remember when Savage has actually come out with that Model 42, which was actually pretty cool. It looked good (imo) and featured either .22lr or .22 magnum rifle with a .410 shotgun. Now Savage didn't incorporate any compartments for ammo storage, etc like the M6 scout.

Now today, I was wondering, why hasn't anyone tried to do something that the M6 scout did? I'm going to take a wild guess and say Springfield Armory owns the rights to the M6, but why has no one tried to do something like this, either by aquiring rights, or simply building their own design?

Now why would they do this? Because the need (mostly WANT) exists for such things. Because really, who the hell would buy the Savage Model 42? I mean, what's special about it? The only thing worth noting is the fact that it's a COMBINATION GUN. And there really is a market for these things. The M6 scout on gunbroker? Normally reach 1000 dollars, and you know what? People are buying them, even for that kind of money!

People want things like the M6 scout. They were a ruggedly designed survival combination gun, that looked awkward and had a strange trigger, but offered great features like ammo storage in the stock and was able to be broken down for easy storage, or whatever one would need the feature for.

Has any company even tried to do something like this again?

I mean, am I the only one who thinks the M6 Scout was this "great" thing? I mean, surely someone has to agree that they were awesome, right? 'Cause the people buying them for $1000 a pop sure do.

Page generated in 0.03769 seconds with 8 queries