View Single Post
Old December 30, 2011, 03:16 PM   #19
Jim March

I've had to draw knives three times when I lived in Cali. First was a mugger who tried to deal with me with a wrench, second was pulling a guy away from four lunatics trying to kill him with hammers and boots, third was a pair of dogs trying to chew on some guy and his smaller dog.

Interestingly, two out of three of these cases involved defending somebody else. No legal problems in any of these cases and the four lunatics were rounded up and pled down to misdemeanor assaults (in Oakland Cali). One of said lunatics later tried to kill an Oakland cop with a knife about 9 months later - I assume that particular one is still in prison. Worst part was, a year later the deputy DA handling the case killed himself about a year later, probably due to a bunch of these kinds of cases.

Anyhow. Been out of Cali and legally carrying since 2005, daily without fail. Never even had to mention a boomthing in anger, which is how I like it. Knowing that I'm wired to try and help out others in dire need, I'd have to be nuts not to pack.

I pack something very big, scary and weird and I *think* that will increase the odds of a "chase-off" if I ever do have to draw. No guarantees of course, and I doubt the odds shift all that much (5% maybe?), but I'll take what I can get.

Page generated in 0.03388 seconds with 8 queries