View Single Post
Old December 15, 2011, 04:18 PM   #23
Lzwo

Love my 340PD

I've got a 340PD. Love it. Both IWB and pocket carry, I barely know its there.
When I go to the range, I generally shoot 50 or so rounds of 38, then 25 or so of the 357 self defense load I carry. No problems for me.
You know you're shooting the weapon, but I wouldn't say it beats me up too badly. No problems for me with stinging or cutting or bruising, etc. I'm a normal size guy with normal hands. I have the hogue boot grips, and they fit me fine.
Would I take it to the range and shoot 200 rounds of max power 357 every day? No. But I didn't purchase this weapon as a range gun, or a target gun, or a plinking gun. I purchased it so that I could have a small, light, take it with me everywhere self defense weapon. For me, it fills that role perfectly. Along that line, I prefer the hammerless DAO, since I want to be able to draw and fire, and not have to think about whether the safety is on or off, did I chamber a round, will the hammer catch on something, etc.
As all the other posters have said, its really a personal decision and what fits you and you are comfortable with. I love mine, and would simply say, I hear everyone's posts about how unpleasant it is to shoot, but thats not my experience, and I'm not sure I'd change my decision even if it were.
I will say I take a lot of ribbing from my friends, most of whom carry either compact or even full size 9mm/45 semi-autos. Its great that those work for them - they don't for me. Go with whats right for you.

Page generated in 0.03114 seconds with 8 queries