View Single Post
Old August 2, 2011, 12:29 AM   #1
MEATSAW

A good improvement for the K31

Well I was happily surprised to find the Pachymar Decelerator D752B butt pad that I had ordered from Brownells in my mailbox today. It has been back-ordered for a couple months. So to finish off a busy day of fixing my wife's Ford (big surprise!) and preparing for my upcoming hunting trip I got to install it on my K31 using a butt pad adapter from Swiss Products. To be perfectly honest it was a pain in the butt. It took lots of Dremel tool work and sanding to get it all to fit right. A few hours and a ton of rubber dust everywhere here is what she looks like:

I am really happy with the end result. It now has the perfect length-of-pull and comfortably gives me perfect eye relief in the scope. I can't wait to see how it feels under recoil.

This is a great project if you want to add a butt pad without permanent alteration to the rifle. A couple of screws and the original butt plate can be right back on. However, if you don't want a bit of a project it might be worth it to take it to a gunsmith or just be cheap and get a slip-on butt pad.

Page generated in 0.03680 seconds with 8 queries