View Single Post
Old July 31, 2005, 11:28 PM   #10
drvector

Good reloading Book

Youngblood,

If you search this forum you will find that one of the most recommended references for someone starting out in reloading is “The ABC’s of Reloading”. It’s available at Amazon.com and Borders, just to name a few sources. I just picked up a copy myself – it’s an excellent book and is thoroughly enjoyable to read. You will also find while reading and searching this forum that, while reloading is not rocket science, it does require some care and understanding in the tools of the trade. You’ve probably heard it hundreds of times before, but you need to do your homework first! Incorrect reloads can result in dangerous pressures that can damage your gun and more importantly you. In my opinion, you must understand the mechanism that takes place every time you pull the trigger if you are going to load ammo. I'm not trying to scare you off. There are well defined recipes for every cartridge depending on the components you intend to use, but you need to understand them and the limits of a load. – read, read, read…

The more I think about this, particularly as the parent of a 14 year old, I think you should talk to your parents or your grand father.

Best of luck with your folks

Page generated in 0.02418 seconds with 8 queries