View Single Post
Old July 14, 2020, 07:39 PM   #36
Pahoo

Permit to "purchase" and to CCW, are two "separate" processes.

Quote:
Needing a permit to purchase should be illegal.
I think a bunch of replies, is missing the point. Every resident of our country , has to go through a "Federal" background check and at some point, you fill out the 4473 form. That is not going to change an even though I do not believe in Extended background checks I agree with what we have now. ....

However, each state had it's own political agenda to supplement as well as putting foolish restrictions and rules, such as AR types, magazines, FOID cards and so forth. Again, if you purchase from an FFL dealer, a Background check is conducted..

The nice thing about our Iowa law is that you also have the option of obtaining a "Permit-to-Purchase a Handgun". You fill out an application, wait a "max" of three working days, pay a yearly fee of $5.00 and go buy as many handguns as you can afford. Well, almost. For now, with that same permit, I can buy any Semi-auto long-gun as well, during that year.... ...

Now then, If I wish to do a CCW, I go through another background check. Right now, pay a $50.00 fee and meet addition requirement. If you are a US Vet, you show your DD-214 and the permit is yours and good for 5 years. The Permit to "purchase" and to CCW, are two "separate" processes; one is Federal and one is State/County. ....

Be happy and;
Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.05834 seconds with 8 queries