View Single Post
Old July 12, 2017, 06:26 AM   #61
scoobysnacker

Quote:
GarandTd
I shoot federal, wwb, and Remington green box 9mm all for less than $10/50 rounds picked up locally at big box stores. How much does shipping offset the savings when ordering online? Honest question since I've never ordered ammo online.
Good question,- but are you including tax in your purchase prices? Because unless you're buying online from a place in your own state, the price you see listed is the price, not price vs tax.

Savings tend to beat the store prices for me. As an example right now, Selway Armory ran a deal on Yavex 9mm (a Turkish brand that pops up from time to time, brass case, sealed primers, loaded hot, runs well) that I got at $8.50 a box, if you bought in bulk. That was total price, to door. I had used it before and like it, so I bought the required amount to qualify for free shipping.
SGammo has Sellier & Bellot white box 124 gr ammo for 173.80 a case, + 16 shipped, for a total of $190, or basically $9.50 a box. That's also very good stuff, and if I hadn't got the Yavex, I'd look at this.
Targetsportsusa has Magtech 115 gr FMJ for $190 a case, free shipping, so again $9.50.
Sportsman's Guide, if you join their buyer's club (I think it's around $30 a year) has Sellier and Bellot 115 gr 9mm (in the commercial boxes) for $9.49, with free shipping codes available for over $75.

Where you really start saving is in figuring in rifle ammo, or calibers other than 9mm. I can find PPU brass ammo for 7.65 Argentine for $14 a box of 20, something I can't find at all except in one big LGS, and it's closer to $30 there. I can find Fiocchi .32 acp for under $13 a box of 50, that caliber in anything runs around $20 in stores nearby. Can usually find Blazer Brass .45 acp for around $13-14 a box of 50, again I can't find that caliber under $20 in stores.

If you can get free shipping and bundle up enough to stock up for a year, you usually save quite a bit in the process.

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries