View Single Post
Old September 20, 2011, 12:04 AM   #17
snuffy

Quote:
What about testing the pistol versions....I think they used to call them "Gold Dots"?
I'd love to, but the gold dots are no longer available. Most suppliers have them listed, but no backorders. Now the handgun deep curls are taking a long time to get to the distributors. None available that I could find. The rifle bullets are trickling out some, just the most popular calibers first, then the rest will fill in.

I do have a few gold dots in 40 S&W. Got them several years ago, kind of hung onto them in case WI could some day get CCW. Well, in Nov. we will have it! I could test one, but it would just show what they could do. Since they're being fazed out, I'll wait until the deep curls become available.

I have to be very selective which bullet I test because it takes so long to recycle the test tube. The big ones take 4 hours to melt, then they take 24 hours to cool.

Apparently ballistic technology, the people who sold/invented the test tubes are belly up. So I had to find a source for mailing tubes with the correct wall thickness and inside diameter to be able to re-use the test medium. 150 bucks later, I have enough of the 6" and 3" tubes to last awhile.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02870 seconds with 8 queries