View Single Post
Old July 4, 2014, 07:00 AM   #11
40-82

My sad experience is that any glove that fits tight enough and snug enough and is small enough to hope to use with a gun doesn't offer enough warmth to be of much use. If I'm going to be outside for very long, I still prefer bare hands to the most form fitting gloves. I tend to wear heavy gloves or even better, mittens, and I try to shed them before I go into a situation where I might have to shoot. The extra motion can cost time in a surprise situation, but I don't know how to avoid this and still accomplish heavy outdoor work.

Another thing you might consider is that many winter coats have both snaps and zippers. Except in the coldest weather I prefer to wear my coat open. When I have to close the coat I use the snaps. I always avoid using the zippers.

I prefer the carry options of winter to summer. In winter I can use outside the waistband holsters with longer barrels and heavier caliber guns. I am faster pulling back a winter coat drawing from a strong side hip holster than I am going to a pocket holster or an inside the waistband holster in summer.

For practice it is critical to draw from under the coat. You can learn to be quite fast.

Page generated in 0.03688 seconds with 8 queries