View Single Post
Old June 28, 2013, 08:18 PM   #6
haliwa04

Re: Newbie to gun safes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetahW View Post

In my experience, mobile home construction isn't sturdy enough to take that kind of concentrated weight; and if a good gun safe did get installed inside, it could most likely be snatched outside through the exterior wall & dragged away, chained to a truck bumper.

(My family & I lived in a mobile home near Ft.Bragg during my last 6mos in the service.)

If I was in your situation, I'd take the tack: "out of sight, out of mind", and build in a false wall somewhere, just deep enough to secrete whatever you need to secrete - being sure to leave no other evidence of firearms (like ammo, accessories and/or gun books) laying around to suggest that there may be a firearm somewhere in/on the premises.

Lol, I have a pit/boxer mix and an elderly German shepherd that alert when the bushes rattle. On top of that, the way the property is set up, if they can get up the driveway undetected(someone's always home between us and the woman's family) without being detected, confronted and run off, they must be marines or special forces. We have someone that lives between us and the only road in and out, and I think everyone within 5 miles is armed to the teeth(sheriff came to be nosey when someone not to far away set off 50lbs of tannerite and wound up calling backup because he was scared to go up the driveway). I think the main concern would be kids #1, some random unlucky soul that happens to try the wrong house, and maybe just maybe the event that shtf, I'd like to have something a little sturdier than wood between my armory and bandits looter etc.

I do have a spot in my house to do the hidden wall deal, and its being discussed privately(not going to Lowes and ask how to turn a cabinet into a safe)

Page generated in 0.02786 seconds with 8 queries