View Single Post
Old February 21, 2002, 06:06 PM   #4

I have been to some clubs where they read out the line up; John Doe is the shooter, Bill Smith is on deck, Joe Blow is in the hole.
I have been to other clubs where they read out the line up as John Doe is the shooter, Bill Smith is on tape, Jow Blow is on brass.

The set-up/tear down issue is a tough one. The only idea I can think of would be to announce a set up time of maybe an hour before the match and anyone that helps set up doesn't have to pay the match fee. I am one of the guilty parties who doesn't help set up or tear down, usually. Unfortunately I often have to come to the match after work. I have been up for probably 26 or more hours and haven't been home for close to that same length of time. So, I want to get there, shoot, and go home.
I guess you could also get extreme and start barring people from matches who never help. You could come up with some kind of point system for showing up early and staying late. If someone has no points at the end of a few months they are no longer eligible to shoot. Of course you would make an announcement and make sure everyone understands the rules ahead of time. Warn them and if they choose not to heed the warning they brought it on themselves.
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.

Page generated in 0.02745 seconds with 8 queries