View Single Post
Old November 24, 2001, 12:30 PM   #16
Nanuuk

My vital stats just to assuage those who might knee-jerk label me a city-slicker b/c I understand and agree with much of what this person writes about: Alaskan since 1972, hunter, shooter...someone who grew up in the woods and would take 'em any day over the *#@*-ing city.

His writing: My profession is rooted in science, as are it's publications. But I appreciate thoughtful and emotive writing...wherein one isn't simply reading fact A followed by fact B...but rather words that paint a picture. This is what I see in his writing.

His thoughts: I agree with you guys...everything is born, lives, and then dies. And I'd much rather harvest my own meat than have some manure-ridden slaughterhouse do it for me. But I also don't 'enjoy' seeing a beautiful animal die...and there's certainly no 'sport' in it. I do it...and my children will do it...but when you respect and admire the game you're hunting and life in general...it's a little sad when that animal dies. Even though that meat's gonna feed you over the winter...assuming you're not one of those idiots who kill and then leave the meat.

My 0.2 c

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 8 queries