View Single Post
Old August 11, 2012, 11:38 PM   #2
Aikibiker

My best advice to you is to get some CCW specific training. Without knowing what area of the country you are in I cannot reccomend any trainers, but if there is a local specific firearms forum that would be a good place to ask (ie floridashooters net if you are in Florida or the ar15.com hometown forum for your state). If Shivworks has a class coming to your area I highly reccomend them since they cover a lot of stuff that most classes are just now starting to look at. Things like, managing possible threats verbally before the fight starts, integrating hand to hand into your draw stroke, force on force training against fully resisting oponents at close/grappling range, in fight weapons access (drawing your gun while someone is trying to beat you unconscious), etc.

Second I would suggest you get into IDPA competition after you have had some training since it will give a chance to test out your weapon and carry gear under stress. Most ranges I go to will not let you draw out of a holster and one even requires us to only fire one round per second. Obviously in real life you will most likely both be drawing from a holster and shooting much faster then one round per second.

~Joel

TFL survivor, THR member, TFL member once again!

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries