View Single Post
Old April 9, 2012, 10:05 PM   #12
jborushko

this rifle is for bench shooting, or prone supported off the bipod. this is deffinatly not being built for holding prone or carried shoulder firing. so weight is not a factor to me with this gun. though if i shoot holding prone the weight on the tail end of the stock might help with "holding still" - but like i said its pretty much just a bench gun. The stock is heavy as well. id be surprised if this doesn't tip the scale at 15-20 lbs by the time im done.

the original barrel was a feather weight sporter contour, im not sure of the twist, though i would assume 1:10, but this new barrel is 1:10 for sure

i tore down this origninal hunting rifle because i found hunting with a .300win mag WAY to much for anything i hunt. and due to my antisipating the recoil of the .300wm on such a (orginally) light rifle, my accuracy was severily reduced. basically i shoot my 30-06 about 1000% better when im hunting

so i stick with what im good at when hunting and ill stretch my skills with other guns in a more controlled situation

Last edited by jborushko; April 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.03261 seconds with 8 queries