View Single Post
Old December 20, 2007, 11:48 PM   #1
ISC

Do you get strange looks at your range when you exercise while shooting?

Every time I go to the range, I try to do at least a couple iterations where I'll engage target from different positions after doing some calesthenics to simulate stress and fatigue. Nothing crazy, just 40 or 50 pushups or a set of knee benders and lunges before shooting from the standing and kneeling positions.

I'll also work on doing transitions from standing to kneeling and reloading and malf drills.

Pretty basic stuff for anyone that is more than a casual shooter I think, but I still get dirty looks alot of times and find myself trying to defuse them by explaining that I'm in the military or trying to wait until the range is somewhat clear.

When I do this I usually get a couple comments that range from "that's a good idea" to disapproving glares from the hunter snob who is waiting 10 minutes between shots for the barrel to cool completely.

The local dick that runs the range here in town has commented about it before, and the G&FC dick that was supervising the public range in Lake City actually told me to stop doing double taps or any other "rapid firing"

What other drills/exercises/techniques do you use to train, and how do you deal with suspicious looks and comments from the less serious shooters?

Page generated in 0.03567 seconds with 8 queries