View Single Post
Old September 18, 2015, 03:19 PM   #13
angel71rs

ADI is good stuff!

I bought some of the Australian ADI stuff that is supposed to be temperature stable. This stuff was expensive when it 1st came out, but guess it didn't sell well at that price, SGAmmo has it for a very reasonable price now:

http://www.sgammo.com/product/adi-ou...me-king-aob308

Hadn't had the American out of the safe for a long time, decided testing the ADI would be a good reason to drag it out. Beautiful day, light breeze from the right front. Started with the cheap Freedom reloads to see if anything had gotten out of whack. Nope, good to go, so so groups as usual with this stuff. Next, Federal Matchking 168gr BTHP group was nice and tight. Friend that is a range officer then shot 3 Federals, about a 3/4" group. He was very impressed with the American.

Time for the ADI, and wow, this stuff was just as accurate as the Federal! POI was about the same too, no need to adjust the scope. At ~ $150 for a case of 200, the ADI is a bargain.

I'm planning on a winter experiment: bag some ADI and Federal Matchking, put in freezer overnight. Pack in ice for trip to range and see if:

a. POI of Federal changes, if so, by how much.
b. POI of ADI changes, if so, by how much.

Page generated in 0.02525 seconds with 8 queries