View Single Post
Old April 21, 2013, 01:38 PM   #125
grizz223

Gentlemen can't we all just get along?

Wow where to start with this mess. As A law enforcement officer I can see both sides of this. I feel that the responding Officer could have handled this much better than he did but since I don't know the full story I will withhold judgment until I hear the whole thing from both sides. Where I think the Officer with be handed his backside is with the minor child. It is very common for us to separate people to get different sides to the story but to hold a minor child without the permission of the parent until he talks is not permissible ever. Civil rights violation all day long.
Now if I received this call I would roll up and politely ask the gentleman if he was out hunting? I would inform him we had a 911 call of a man with a gun and that I have to investigate this call. Where we went from there would be up to him but I would instruct him to point the gun at the ground while we talked. If he refused to do so then and only then would we have a problem. At this point he is now breaking a law in my state. He would be impeding an investigation which is a misdemeanor and then he could be placed under arrest. As I said all of how this went is up to him.

Page generated in 0.03411 seconds with 8 queries