Thread: Never Fired
View Single Post
Old March 11, 2013, 06:13 AM   #8
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357autoloader
Never means never.
It can be considered new if it was never fired after it left the factory but if you aren't the original buyer most prospective buyers will consider it used if it is a gun still in production.
I disagree.

I have never encountered anyone who considers a pistol that's new in the box from the manufacturer to be "fired," even though everyone knows that most manufacturers test fire their pistols.

As to previously owned, it is certainly not unheard of for people to own firearms for several years or more, never fire them, and then sell them. They are typically advertised as either N.I.B. (which I do not think is appropriate for a second-hand firearm) or L.N.I.B., unfired. What possible difference does it make if a gun is still in production? Isn't it more likely that a gun you CAN'T buy a new copy of would have been fired?

What you seem to be saying is that "most" prospective buyers would consider me to be a liar if I were to offer my L.N.I.B. and unfired (by me) Ruger Blackhawk for sale as "unfired." I certainly hope you are wrong about that.

Page generated in 0.03684 seconds with 8 queries