View Single Post
Old December 7, 2010, 06:03 PM   #37
shortwave

Years ago when I lived in Cols. Ohio. Cols. and many of the bordering suburban city's/towns had a roadkill list you could get your name put on. My girlfriend at the time was a Reysnoldburg,Oh. LE dispatcher that worked nights. Needless to say my(and friends) freezers stayed full of venison usually hit around the city park(Blacklick Woods) .
If the deer was really torn up, they wouldn't even call. Many were not hit hard at all and alive when I arrived. I knew most of the LEO so I'd dispatch the deer so they(LEO) wouldn't have to fill out a report.

This was all done inside city limits.

One night, I show up for a hit deer which was alive but laying in a ditch, along the road next to some apartments. I had dispatched many deer in that area as the deer over-run park was right across the street. The LEO that was there was new and I'd never seen him before. He had his cruiser's headlights and spot shining on the deer. Her head was up but she couldn't move.

I approached her from the back side, drew my pistol from my jacket pocket and shot her in top of the head.

What a mistake on my part that was.

This new, young LEO went into orbit.

He started screaming at me about discharging a firearm in city limits all the while having his nervous hand on his weapon.

Without moving a muscle, I calmly explained to him that I normally shot the deer when I came out.

Needless to say, he took a bit of a ribbing from the rest of the fellow LEO's.
The next time I was called and he was there, I hollered "I going to shoot the deer now" .
He laughed!

Last edited by shortwave; December 7, 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.02244 seconds with 8 queries