View Single Post
Old April 21, 2010, 04:20 PM   #41
Glenn Dee

I had a very similar situation happen to me. I was walking a foot post in the south Bronx. I noticed a volkswagon bus occuped several times in the parking lot of a closed business... on a semi deserted street. I notified central and requested a plate check, walked over and investigated. Everything seemed fine... A van full of day labor guys. The driver had ID, and they were all very pleasent. I walked around to the passenger side to look in. Where I saw one of them shooting up. (drugs) The side door opened and they were all out and all over me in a flash... The only thing they said and I understood was something about "La Pistola". I knew if they got my gun I was a dead man. So I rolled over and lay on top of my gun, holding it with both hands and took a stomping. After what seemed like an eternity the most beautiful sound ever... Police sirens... The mutts decided that was agood time to make themselves scarce. One guy had to get in one last kick and I was able to hold on to his ankle until the cavelry arrived. I was taken to the hospital... so was he.

Now... what saved me? An elderly gentleman who was driving by saw what was happening... went and found a working pay phone... Called in for help... Then came back to see that I was alright. That civilian I believe saved my life that day.

Weather you CCW or not... A telephone is usually the best way to help any police officer. I have been assisted by an armed citizen... but that was a very different situation.

Glenn Dee.

Page generated in 0.02682 seconds with 8 queries