View Single Post
Old October 6, 1999, 07:48 PM   #1
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

I posted this in the Shotgun Forum,but am reposting it here in hopes of getting some help.

I recently acquired a Remington 1100. It has a barrel marked "Hastings-Made in France". It only came with the choke tube that was installed. I bought a Remington choke tube,but it doesn't fit. The choke that came with gun is longer than the Rem-Choke and has more thread area. Now,the choke that came with the gun is about 2 1/8 inches long and has about 13/16 long thread area. The choke is .812 wide,which appears to be about standard. But,in comparing the threads to the Rem-Choke,the thread count doesn't appear to be the standard 32 TPI-it looks like it has fewer threads per inch. The choke simply has "MOD" stamped on it,no other markings. The four notches at the top of the choke for the wrench are smaller than the Rem-Choke notches-they're about as wide as a quarter.

I went through my Brownell's catalog and couldn't seem to match it up anything in there,though it may.

Any help with identifying this choke type,or suggestions on how to redo this gun to get chokes to fit it,would be appreciated.

Bill

Page generated in 0.03762 seconds with 8 queries