View Single Post
Old August 16, 2002, 10:04 PM   #3
Casey

Hello taco.

I load for the 9x23 Win. I don't know about the Starline brass, I have only used the Winchester. I think it makes a pretty big difference in this round.

I usually load the Winchester brass with about 7 grains of Power Pistol and some Hornady 125 gr JFP. (***NOTE*** This is my load, if you load this I will take no credit/blame for the consequences!!!) This is really a pretty mild load, only about 1150 fps (actual measurements).

You can get some pretty impressive speeds from a 9x23 Win. I have shot as high as 1700 fps, and there are some who have gone higher (with the Winchester brass).

As you notice, I have been mentioning the Winchester brass again and again. This is really tough stuff.

There is a web site that Dane Burns runs. He is one of the really big proponents of the 9x23 Win. The web sight is "http://www.pistolsmith.com/". You should find some good information about the 9x23 Win (and pistols in general).

Casey

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."
Abraham Lincoln

Page generated in 0.02210 seconds with 8 queries