Thread: 10mm Bug
View Single Post
Old March 28, 2020, 04:37 PM   #18
jmr40

I've had a G20 for years, but added a G29 a few years ago for a more compact gun. I shoot both equally well and can always use the 15 round magazines in the G29. For versatility both shoot 40 S&W with no modifications and with the same POI and accuracy.

Quote:
I can comfortably shoot the 41 with top loads very comfortably. A 210 SP @ 1400fps is a load the 10mm can't touch.
Barrel length?

I shoot 200 gr hardcast at 1300 fps from a gun at least a pound lighter and 2" shorter with 2 1/2 times the ammo capacity. You'd need a 2" barreled revolver to match the same overall length as my G29. And you won't get 1400 fps from a 2" barrel.

Chances are you're talking about a 6" barrel. Even if you're using a 4" barrel you're talking about a much larger, heavier gun for marginal gains in performance with much less ammo capacity.

Quote:
A Glock must be rebarreled to shoot hard cast.
No, it does not.

Quote:
The only advice that I can give you is to make sure that you're shooting real full-power 10mm loads, otherwise you might as well just get a .40 S&W
Nothing wrong with shooting 40 S&W level loads most of the time. That is part of the versatility. Just like a revolver shooting 38's, or moving up to differing levels of 357 mag power as needed.

Winston Churchill

Page generated in 0.02126 seconds with 8 queries