View Single Post
Old December 31, 2013, 01:20 PM   #9
dajowi

Years ago I purchased a submachine gun and a suppressor. During the approval process I bought a house and moved three blocks from the address where the items were originally listed as being located. For ten years I was blissfully ignorant of the fact that I should have gotten permission from the ATF to move the items in the first place, or at least should have informed them at that time that the items had been moved to another location

When I realized my error all kinds of horrible things came to mind - most of these centered around sitting in prison, paying huge fines, or having my "toy's confiscated.

Finally I called the main ATF office who handed me over to a very nice woman (who's name I can't remember) and I explained to her (in the most apologetic and contrite manner possible) the circumstances. She corrected the information and I followed up by sending her a letter or an ATF form. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was. Too bad that everything relating to purchasing/owning/selling NFA items isn't.

Page generated in 0.03346 seconds with 8 queries