View Single Post
Old September 25, 2012, 02:57 AM   #17
jimpeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
I was thinking of imaginative jimpeel.
No imagination necessary.

I had to look at the pics really hard to see which end was up on that thing. It looked like a piece of jewelry that would be worn by a woman named "Marge".

While we recognize it as a firearm, the uninitiated, like the person who hooked it, did not ... at first.

From the story you posted:

Quote:
After reeling in his prize, he was briefly puzzled by the weirdly-shaped object he had pulled out of the water, ..."
Then it turned out that it wasn't even a firearm but a replica:

Quote:
After examining the object, which Pina said took about 40 minutes, detectives determined the firearm to be a plastic replica and it was then disposed of, Boston police said.
Note that it took the PD 40 minutes to make that determination because they didn't readily recognize it as a real firearm. How long would it take you or me to determine it was made of plastic? Not 40 minutes, that's fer damn sure.

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey

Page generated in 0.02428 seconds with 8 queries