View Single Post
Old November 16, 2011, 04:14 PM   #11
BlackFeather

I've never had this problem, it may be because I started at a young age after getting in a lot of fights. I always knew what it was really like to fight. I was still careful not to cause serious injuries, but I would never be easy on someone because they are a friend.

A good friend and I used to do a lot of weapons sparring, with no gear. Using wooden models of our weapons we literally beat the hell out of each other. I took the blunt end of a Naginata to the nose once. To put that in terms most people would understand, it was a hardwood staff about 7.5 Feet long. I preferred the wooden sword, and believe me, my opponent knew when to get his hands and arms out of the way. I wouldn't go for his hands, but it would happen, and he usually left a few bruises on my shins with that Naginata.

Notice how at the beginning I said friend, and then turned it into opponent? Exactly that. We hurt each other, and that's how we learn what doesn't work and what does.

[Insert random irrelevant religious quote here]

Page generated in 0.03704 seconds with 8 queries