View Single Post
Old December 14, 2005, 08:58 PM   #5
Remington kid

Steve, Don't know what mold he's useing but I know they are so accurate useing 40g of Goex it's unreal. I just had a few to play with and hope to get more as there are a few things I want to try with them, If i can still find some cheap water mellons When I first got them I had some problems but it was all my fault. They are longer than the ball and flat on the bottom so they don't compress the powder like a ball does. With a ball you are compressing the center but the powder is allowed to fill all around the sides on the ball.These stop dead in short order! The trick to still useing 40g of fffg of Goex was to eliminate the wad. Problem solved.

Smoken _Gun and few others seem to like the pills but I have never found any yet that don't contaminate the powder like they have . When you compress the ball or bullet down on the pill it has to be forced in to the powder so hard that it has to pick up and contaminate the powder even if it was pure wax you are not getting full powder load that you would with out a pill or useing a dry wad.If you don't compress it that far you are leaving a possiable air pocket.That's been my experience anyway but that doesn't mean that it won't work for them or that they are not at least happy enough with the results.That's what counts.

Page generated in 0.02592 seconds with 8 queries