Thread: NRA Geez?!
View Single Post
Old August 23, 2013, 02:44 PM   #35
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
If a particular fund raising tactic (direct mail, direct phone contact, etc.) isn't working, and is burning more money that it is bringing in, it will NOT be continued.
Maybe. I have looked at finances for several charity organizations where dinner events were the "primary fundraiser." In several cases both monetary and volunteer resources expended on the projects pointed to it clearly being a net resource loser. Even when secondary effects such as additional donations of attendees were added in to the mix. Why did they continue? People in leadership at the charity enjoyed the events and they didn't lose all that much money.
I doubt this applies to NRA direct mailing, but cost effectiveness isn't always the measure used to select fundraisers. Direct mail is notoriously effective though.
Quote:
how much actually goes to fighting the gun control bastages and how much is overhead."
If you define that as I do $0 of the membership fee. I looked at PVF and ILA figures at one point. and I remember the program use percentage being fairly high though.

I have a budget each year and I spend that budget. No direct mail is going to change that. Several times an important court case happening in Ohio or an important piece of legislation has convinced me to kick some extra money to an organization or a campaign fund.
Of course, I donate it to the organization I think is going to give the largest marginal return on my money. That usually isn't a large organization.

Page generated in 0.02335 seconds with 8 queries