View Single Post
Old February 24, 2005, 05:50 PM   #8
Leftoverdj

The Dillon and the costs for additional cartridges will more than blow your budget. If you are willing to stick to shooting .38/.357 for a while, you can come in under budget and add changeover kits as you can afford them.

If you buy a good turret press and quality accessories, you will be locked in. Your money is all spent.

I'd hunt around to see what is available used. Basic outfits can often be found used for a hundred bucks with some components thrown in. A spare press is a very handy thing to have around. Failing that, I would go with the Lee kit even though I dislike that scale and measure. You can get started for $100-$125. You still have $400.

Spend the few months learning the basics on the cheap rig. After you are moved and settled in, buy the Dillon with the $400. You can hang onto the cheap rig for odd jobs, or you can sell it to someone else just getting started for enough for a changeover kit.

During the starting stage, I would suggest that you mount your equipment on a 3/4" plywood base. Countersink your bolts from the bottom and glue some felt to the underside. Just move the whole thing and C clamp it to any handy surface when you want to use it.

Page generated in 0.03567 seconds with 8 queries