View Single Post
Old February 24, 2000, 10:27 AM   #3
Hueco

Good descriptions! But I would like to add that in both sports (trap and skeet), you have the opportunity to have too birds in the air at the same time. In trap, the both always travel away from you. In skeet, they cross paths. And if you are thinking of getting into either -- do yourself a favor and bring a 12 ga. I still can't understand why people bring .410s and 20 gauges to the range. I know these people need no more challenge as they are certianly not hitting 100%! I dunno....

Hueco

Forgot to add, in skeet there are two houses where birds fly from. There is a high house on the left, and a low house on the right. In trap, there is a single house dead center of the field. In trap, the birds can fly anywhere from about 60 degrees left to 60 degrees right. And you never know which direction they are going to head after you speak the pull. In skeet, the birds generally (depending on wind) fly the same direction every time from their houses. The high house always shoots right, the low always shoots left. One game that looks like a blast (wow...there I go again with the puns). It's called running rabbit. You set the trap house to shoot the birds extremely low. Then you hop up on top of the house, and when that bird flies, it shoots about a foot above the ground. I do hear it is excellent practice for rabbit hunting and is not just a silly game.

[This message has been edited by Hueco (edited February 24, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02378 seconds with 8 queries