View Single Post
Old February 13, 2013, 01:03 AM   #1
2ndtimer

New Federal and Winchester ammo?

I happened to be in my local Walmart tonight and browsed through the very empty ammunition section and noticed some new ammo on the shelf. New Federal Deer Thug in .243, .270 Win, .308 Win, 30-06 and .300 Win Mag. I looked closely at the .243 and it is stated on the box 90 gr bonded bullet at 3100 fps. The bullet sure looks like a Speer Deep Curl 90 gr bullet. I had never seen nor heard of this new ammo and there is nothing on Federal's website about it. A google search came up almost empty as well. Anyone have any additional information?
I was equally surprised to see a few boxes of .223 ammo on the shelf. Two boxes of Win 55 gr FMJ for the almost reasonable price today of $12.86 ea. They also had some new Winchester Varmint .223 ammo which featured a 55 gr plastic tipped bullet that is a dead ringer for the 55 gr Nosler Varmageddon. It was priced at a less attractive $19.95 for a box of 20. But it was decent Winchester brass with a very accurate (in my experience) bullet, so maybe the price isn't so bad. I sure would buy some of these before I would pay $1 a round for 55 gr FMJ stuff.

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Page generated in 0.03345 seconds with 8 queries